Research Source for New Detective Mystery Adventure

The Case of the Looking Glass Mirror

I know, my rough draft for "The Case of the Jade Dragon" is only at chapter 10 and some people are following it. I have finished the gunfight in the baggage car plus Jonas and Xifeng getting together, PG-rated, sorry voyeurs.

I am working on Chapter 11 - The Mythical Hop Alley hopefully some surprises here. But I need to multi-task, as I have ten books to complete. Here is the link for the chapters to The Case of the Jade Dragon WIP.

From Through The Looking Glass,
illustration by John Tenniel
The fourth book in the series is "The Case of the Looking Glass Mirror" and I am outlining and researching it as I finish "The Case of the Jade Dragon".

Research for my fourth book began when I was reading "Through the Looking Glass: and What Alice Found There" by Lewis Carroll. As I was reading through the book, I realized that with some re-engineering I could turn this into a murder mystery. While I do not intend to use any of Carroll's prose, I am going to take a look at the characters and events and see how I can twist them into a detective mystery adventure circa 1930s in San Francisco.

From Through The Looking Glass, 
illustration by John Tenniel
From Through The Looking Glass, 
illustration by John Tenniel
LOG-LINE - Jonas Watcher is called in to investigate the robbery of
a rare book. While talking with a Stanley Bishop, the book's owner, the maid runs in crying, "Mr. Bishop, your wife is dead". Jonas tries to separate himself from the murder while trying to retrieve the book. However, the deeper he digs to get the book back, the closer he gets to the murderer, the more dangerous it gets.

Using the structure of "Through the Looking Glass" I am developing a traditional "who dun it" detective story circa 1930s in a light film noir atmosphere. Keep watching, as I develop it towards publication.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Outline a Novel: